Friday 22 January 2010

Stormy Weather


Sometimes sadness brings a fullness to life. An old friend mailed me to say that Kate McGarrigle died recently and to thank me for tickets to a concert the sisters played at more than twenty years ago. I had forgotten......
On the radio today, http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pxvr3/Last_Word_22_01_2010/  her sister, daughter and friends reminisced  and I heard some songs I had not listened to in a long while. There is a lovely recording of her final concert on You tube and many moving obituaries on the web: an overwhelming feeling of a life well lived. My heart went out to her daughter who was separated from Kate over the past months nursing her premature baby in London, http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article6969513.ece .

We have had snow, Spring weather, more snow and more snow since my last post. I couldn't bear to get rid of my winter seaside banner altogether so I edited it in here and have replaced with this beautiful view from my window, the last snow margins defining the field edges. Today the snow is all melted but for the odd, solitary heap and the rain has not stopped.

Latest recommend: Brixton Beach by Roma Tearne. Fatalistic and irridescent.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog, I'm glad you enjoy my story. Re your question, do you mean that your picture does not appear in the followers gadget? If so I'll look into it. As a principle if you have a Google profile you should appear, if you have a picture it should also appear.

    Love your pictures!

    Helena xx

    ReplyDelete