Thursday 28 October 2010

best place in the world

Of course I haven't been to very many places but it is nice to think that there is no place like home. Today I found this website of lovely walks in the Chilterns, all beautifully photographed with cunning links to flora and fauna. I am too mean to share my favourite walks in the dread that they become overun with sightseers but I know most of these wonderful walks. It is rare for me to walk 12 miles these days but Pete has helpfully supplied maps and most of the walks can be shortened. As his photographs show the vistas are just perfect. This week Autumn has taken hold and the leaves, having held on longer than usual due to mild temperatures and excessive rainfall, have just begun to turn and fall. I must take my camera out tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love Pete's Walks!
    I'm sure it's heavenly there now.
    Have a lovely weekend and please post pictures!

    -- Miss Whistle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for following! My world is small so thank you for for the window on yours. Loved the Dylan Thomas link and piece on Patricia Neal. fiona x

    ReplyDelete