Sunday 10 April 2011

Gardening Weather!

Fat buds on the Japanese Cherry look inviting, especially to bullfinches, but I can't bring myself to shoo them away. Meanwhile blue tits busily scour the tree for small pests - you win some you lose some... The tree  is enveloped in a cloud of perfume and  the humming of bumble bees.
The garden looks its best now with so many narcissus and daffodils whose names I have forgotten but all with a different personality. Jack Snipe, Paperwhite, Pheasant's Eye, Tete a Tete and a dozen more jostle for attention among the green shoots. This week we ate the last of the leeks - they have fed us from November to April - in leek & potato soup, and today I planted the new season's in my smart raised bed. Together with spinach, radishes, onions, shallots and parsnips, all tucked under a covering of warm soil and bubble wrap! Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Lenten roses. I'm such a dweeb I bookmarked an old blog and that was all that came up, so I thought you hadn't blogged in ages. Beautiful photos of a country I realize I really love. Miss you and thanks for the birthday wishes; how did 55 happen?

    ReplyDelete