Saturday 2 May 2009

ABOUT TIME.............

Where have I been? What's with the not blog?
I've been consumed with a job application that in the end I didn't get and didn't want, but it was a good thing. It really made me think about what I do and what I want and not getting it was a huge relief. Another bonus: four days (so far) of euphoria, and that doesn't come often - see March, Anaesthesia.
Birdsong: It seems louder this year. Much, much louder and ever present. Is it because my eyesight is getting worse? Is it an age thing? Wherever I go, even in town, the blackbirds and robins and great tits are singing for all they are worth. I had to check out the great tit and so can you by clicking on the link. A few years ago I read a story about Cecil Rhodes exporting British songbirds to South Africa because he wanted to hear their familiar chorus, but they would not sing there; it was so sad.

I got this one from Alpha Mummy, don't know why I find them compulsive, but I do.........
Replace one question. Add one question. Tag other bloggers.
So here goes:
1. What are your current obsessions? Birdsong, almond croissants,

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Jeans, trainers
3. What was your favourite childhood meal? Sausage & chips
4. Last thing you bought? Vet supplies for the poor old dog

5. What are you listening to? Silence
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? Boadicea - I know she isn't, but she should be,

and it did used to be spelled like this when Peking and Bombay were.....
7. Favourite holiday spots? Wales, Walton on the Naze
8. Reading right now? Pat Barker, Life Class. Regeneration is unbeatable but this is good.
9. Four words to describe yourself. On a quest. Lost.
10. Guilty pleasure? daytime reading in bed
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? My friend Sigrid, she's the only one who can
12. Favourite spring thing to do? Walk, stay out til dark
13. Planning to travel to next? the sea
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Almond croissant & huge cappuccino
15. When did you last get tipsy? Years ago
16. Favourite ever film? Gone with the Wind
17. Care to share some wisdom? It probably won't happen
18. Song you can't get out of your head? Soundtrack from u Carmen e khaylitsha check it out!

19. One thing you'd really like to do this year? Lie in the garden in the sun for 6 weeks
So, who to send this to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment