Thursday 16 April 2009

Behaviour of Moths


Long, hard hols - weep for me! Two weeks off and I am shattered, what have I been up to?

Well, I wrenched my back and spent the first three days trying to be 'gently mobile' with the aid of v strong prescription drugs (absolutely the best kind - those clever pharmacists who manufacture chemical compounds with the exact right dose, the exact right effect and only a few side effects are my heros!)

Then three days with my grandsons was lovely but exhausting, followed by three days filling in a job application ( president of U.S.A., obviously), a spring garden makeover, three skirt alterations, a very badly needed haircut for the geriatric hound and finally got around to marking and grading those sixty science books that have been bugging me the whole fortnight. Now it is nearly midnight and I have three days left: a day with those same patently gifted and talented boys and a weekend in Wales and I will be ready to stagger back into work on Monday. One glance at next week's diary is enough to push me over the edge......

BUT, I am ok, because I have been slipping between the sheets every night for a really good...read!

First I polished off Pat Barkers Double Vision which was good, but now I am nearly through Poppy Adams 'The Behaviour of Moths' and I am loving it! It conjures up images of Brideshead with the added element an introduction to Lepidoptery. I haven't done any research on the author yet or checked out any of the info, but I think it is her first and it is a great read.The paperback isn't out until July but the cover looks a bit naff in comparison to the hardback which is wonderful and it's only £9 on Amazon, though mine's a library copy and libraries need our support! So, can't wait any longer, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment