Wednesday 17 November 2010

Night out!

Just got in from a good night out at the Rex, our local, beautifully restored cinema. I went for the first time around 1970 and it is much improved now with luxurious seats and lots of gilding. And a bar. Tamara Drewe is the new Bridget Jones and just as funny and endearing. I used to read the Guardian in my mum's kitchen on Saturday mornings and have always followed Posy Simmons so well done her! Actually it was the second time this week. Couldn't face anything heavy and also really enjoyed Made in Dagenham. Quite nostalgic - of course not many of the women looked like that, I have seen the newsreels, but a great little British film. My legs were restless as always but the g&t helped and it was easy to slide back in my seat and relax on a wet mid week evening. We don't go much in the summer but now that the dark evenings have arrived I will be a regular again. So lucky to have a great screen so nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment