Friday 30 October 2009

A funny thing happened today... I googled Ivinghoe Tearooms to see if they were open (highly recommended) and found myself in Miss Whistle's blogspot . It turns out that Miss Whistle is an occasionally homesick Chilterns Girl now living in L.A. who has recently been visiting her old stomping ground. I loved reading her stuff and can't wait to visit her recommend The Sir Charles Napier. I only wish I had found this foodie haven a couple of days ago and joined a Fungi Foray in the beechwoods. Like her I am reading Alan Bennett's Untold Stories - a bit unwieldy in bed- and until she reminded me I had forgotten that Tender Is The Night is one of my all time greatest reads. I was happy to see that she writes poetry on her blog and that it looks good, not wet.
Looking at last week's header I was disappointed at the pixellation. Even my little camera bulges my pockets so this was another pic taken on the mobile phone. So I looked for an alternative and found stacks of lovely local pics as well as many more exotic ones on Jason Gallier's website. I am sure I saw him taking the one of haybales at the foot of the beacons.... and there are some great shots of my other favourite place, Pembrokeshire, too. The one I've used is of the Reservoirs because the other thing I didn't like about my autumnal header was that the colours were not quite as glowing as the real thing, and Jason's weren't either (sorry). A bit like bluebells....

This is where we walked today, from Aldbury to Ivinghoe, below the ridge along the beautiful vale that stretches from Clipper Down to Wiggington; it surely has a name. It was cooler today and hazier and the leaves are falling now and a little breeze got up so we fell to talking about sailing, which is what I shall be doing tomorrow if it doesn't rain. And I should take my bulgy little camera, but not on the lake.......

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tedsmum! I'm so glad you liked the site.

    Miss W

    ReplyDelete