Thursday 11 June 2009

I picked these on a beautiful piece of common where I walk most days, all within a yard or so. I found the grasses hard to identify, but in looking found a nice little website. I think we have: red sorrel, white clover,?, strawberry clover, cocksfoot grass, vetch, ?, sweet vernal grass, ribwort plantain,?, ?, buttercup, rye grass and common bent grass. Hmmm, too many gaps.....

I love meadows and picking these reminded me to look out a poem I wrote ages ago.

One blade of grass.


From off the shelf

i drew a book

and from its pages

there was shook

one blade of grass.

The memories it holds,

left there between the folds.

I thought it had been sent

that early summer

when love was green.

Now faded,

I've not seen you since,

and love evaded us

once summer came.

One blade of grass,

all that remains;

One blade of grass.




No comments:

Post a Comment