Saturday 21 March 2009

EARTH HOUR


Click on the header to find out more. There are some amazing pics of Earth from space as the sun sets and the lights go on. My lights, your lights. Really pretty but not sustainable. So I will go to bed early and read by candlelight next Saturday night, what will you do?


Found my way back to Amaravati today for a quiet hour. The peace surrounded me as I entered the gate and in the temple was palpable. For a while it was hard to clear my mind as there were other people there, two small boys unable to sit still. But as their father gently instructed them I joined them in concentrating my breathing and the story of Siddhartha came to mind.
I read Hesse's book as a teenager and I think it is time to reread and retell it. Now, time for my bed and my book and a meditation on "Your soul is the whole world" ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment